Roseville DMV Office Closed Because Of Mold
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — The state Department of Motor Vehicles on Wednesday closed the Roseville field office after tests showed positive results for mold contamination.
The department said the precautionary measure will remain in effect until all the mold is removed and tests show the office at 222 Harding Boulevard is clean and safe for customers and employees to return.
The DMV promptly began testing after an employee noticed a “musky smell”. Environmental experts located the mold near a janitor’s closet. Removal and disinfection is expected to take a week or longer.
Signs have been posted on entrances alerting customers about the closure and redirecting them to offices in Rocklin, Carmichael and Folsom. The 23 employees who work at the Roseville location will also be reassigned to those three sites, the DMV said.
No drive tests will be conducted duirng the closure and customers with appointments will be contacted and rescheduled, the DMV said.