Jaycee Dugard Releases Public Service Announcement
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Jaycee Lee Dugard wants you to “Just Ask Yourself To Care”.
Dugard released a public service announcement on the behalf of the foundation she has created called The JAYC Foundation which stands for Just Ask Yourself to Care.
The aim of the foundation is to help other families like hers that have been impacted by abduction.
The foundation hopes to help people through animal and equine therapy to help them deal with their traumatic experiences.
Jaycee says horse therapy has helped her and her children since their release from captivity.
Dugard was kidnapped when she was just eleven years old and held for more than 18 years by Phillip and Nancy Garrido. Dugard gave birth to two daughters during her captivity.
Earlier this year, both Phillip and Nancy Garrido were sentenced to prison for their crimes.