Jaycee Dugard Releases Public Service Announcement
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Jaycee Lee Dugard wants you to “Just Ask Yourself To Care”.
Dugard released a public service announcement on the behalf of the foundation she has created called The JAYC Foundation which stands for Just Ask Yourself to Care.
The aim of the foundation is to help other families like hers that have been impacted by abduction.
The foundation hopes to help people through animal and equine therapy to help them deal with their traumatic experiences.
Jaycee says horse therapy has helped her and her children since their release from captivity.
Dugard was kidnapped when she was just eleven years old and held for more than 18 years by Phillip and Nancy Garrido. Dugard gave birth to two daughters during her captivity.
Earlier this year, both Phillip and Nancy Garrido were sentenced to prison for their crimes.