Jaycee Dugard Releases Public Service Announcement
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Jaycee Lee Dugard wants you to “Just Ask Yourself To Care”.
Dugard released a public service announcement on the behalf of the foundation she has created called The JAYC Foundation which stands for Just Ask Yourself to Care.
The aim of the foundation is to help other families like hers that have been impacted by abduction.
The foundation hopes to help people through animal and equine therapy to help them deal with their traumatic experiences.
Jaycee says horse therapy has helped her and her children since their release from captivity.
Dugard was kidnapped when she was just eleven years old and held for more than 18 years by Phillip and Nancy Garrido. Dugard gave birth to two daughters during her captivity.
Earlier this year, both Phillip and Nancy Garrido were sentenced to prison for their crimes.