Jaycee Dugard Releases Public Service Announcement
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Jaycee Lee Dugard wants you to “Just Ask Yourself To Care”.
Dugard released a public service announcement on the behalf of the foundation she has created called The JAYC Foundation which stands for Just Ask Yourself to Care.
The aim of the foundation is to help other families like hers that have been impacted by abduction.
The foundation hopes to help people through animal and equine therapy to help them deal with their traumatic experiences.
Jaycee says horse therapy has helped her and her children since their release from captivity.
Dugard was kidnapped when she was just eleven years old and held for more than 18 years by Phillip and Nancy Garrido. Dugard gave birth to two daughters during her captivity.
Earlier this year, both Phillip and Nancy Garrido were sentenced to prison for their crimes.