Contra Costa Issues Arrest Warrant For Terrell Owens
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — An arrest warrant has been issued for Terrell Owens after he failed to show up for a court date regarding child support payments.
Diana Bianchini, a spokeswoman for Owens, says the free-agent wide receiver tried to reschedule an Oct. 24 hearing in Contra Costa County Court because he had set up a televised workout in the hopes of hooking on with an NFL team.
According to Bianchini, Owens was looking for a new attorney and was representing himself while trying to change the court date. She says his new attorneys will deal with the warrant issued this week.
Bianchini says Owens is seeking to modify his child support payments because they were based on the approximately $12 million a year he was making in 2007 when he played for the Dallas Cowboys.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press)