Thieves Target 6 Businesses In Sacramento County
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Six businesses replaced windows and tallied up the damage Sunday morning after an unknown number of suspects went on a theft spree overnight, and investigators said the culprits may be related to a similar series of crimes last week.
The Sacramento Police Department said five Natomas businesses and a sixth in Sacramento County were broken into between 4:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. Sunday, ranging from two dry cleaners businesses to a sports nutrition store.
Investigators believe the robberies are connected and they are looking into whether the incidents are related to another series of break-ins last Thursday. On both days, the suspects smashed through the front windows and quickly grabbed valuables before fleeing within a few seconds.
“These five burglaries happened within less than an hour, so I can imagine either they have different crews or different people they work together with. They are definitely familiar with the area,” said Sgt. Andrew Petit.
None of the businesses hit Sunday had high quality surveillance video for police to investigate, authorities said.
There is no detailed description of any suspects or any potential getaway vehicle.