Reported Yuba City Abduction A Misunderstanding, Child Safe
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – A suspected child abduction in Yuba City this morning has turned out to be a misunderstanding.
A man and woman approached a city bus driver around 8 a.m. saying they had witnessed a man grabbing a child and pulling him into a pickup near the Garden Highway and Lincoln, say police. The boy was also reportedly screaming for his mother at the time.
The driver of the truck says he was driving through thick fog when he nearly hit the 6-year-old. He pulled over and got out to apologize and says the boy had already been screaming when he got out of his truck.
It’s unknown if the child was in the crosswalk at the time.