Reported Yuba City Abduction A Misunderstanding, Child Safe
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – A suspected child abduction in Yuba City this morning has turned out to be a misunderstanding.
A man and woman approached a city bus driver around 8 a.m. saying they had witnessed a man grabbing a child and pulling him into a pickup near the Garden Highway and Lincoln, say police. The boy was also reportedly screaming for his mother at the time.
The driver of the truck says he was driving through thick fog when he nearly hit the 6-year-old. He pulled over and got out to apologize and says the boy had already been screaming when he got out of his truck.
It’s unknown if the child was in the crosswalk at the time.