Reported Yuba City Abduction A Misunderstanding, Child Safe
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – A suspected child abduction in Yuba City this morning has turned out to be a misunderstanding.
A man and woman approached a city bus driver around 8 a.m. saying they had witnessed a man grabbing a child and pulling him into a pickup near the Garden Highway and Lincoln, say police. The boy was also reportedly screaming for his mother at the time.
The driver of the truck says he was driving through thick fog when he nearly hit the 6-year-old. He pulled over and got out to apologize and says the boy had already been screaming when he got out of his truck.
It’s unknown if the child was in the crosswalk at the time.