Reported Yuba City Abduction A Misunderstanding, Child Safe
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – A suspected child abduction in Yuba City this morning has turned out to be a misunderstanding.
A man and woman approached a city bus driver around 8 a.m. saying they had witnessed a man grabbing a child and pulling him into a pickup near the Garden Highway and Lincoln, say police. The boy was also reportedly screaming for his mother at the time.
The driver of the truck says he was driving through thick fog when he nearly hit the 6-year-old. He pulled over and got out to apologize and says the boy had already been screaming when he got out of his truck.
It’s unknown if the child was in the crosswalk at the time.