Reported Yuba City Abduction A Misunderstanding, Child Safe
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – A suspected child abduction in Yuba City this morning has turned out to be a misunderstanding.
A man and woman approached a city bus driver around 8 a.m. saying they had witnessed a man grabbing a child and pulling him into a pickup near the Garden Highway and Lincoln, say police. The boy was also reportedly screaming for his mother at the time.
The driver of the truck says he was driving through thick fog when he nearly hit the 6-year-old. He pulled over and got out to apologize and says the boy had already been screaming when he got out of his truck.
It’s unknown if the child was in the crosswalk at the time.