Teach-Ins Under Way On UC Berkeley Campus
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Dozens of students and faculty at the University of California, Berkeley have gathered for teach-ins at an outdoor plaza as part of a campus strike to protest banks and budget cuts.
The protesters also plan to try again on Tuesday to establish an encampment on campus.
An effort to erect a camp last week was met by baton-wielding police. Forty people were arrested, as the university sought to uphold a campus ban on camping.
Protesters also plan a march and rally that is expected to include Occupy Oakland activists whose encampment was taken down on Monday.