Teach-Ins Under Way On UC Berkeley Campus
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Dozens of students and faculty at the University of California, Berkeley have gathered for teach-ins at an outdoor plaza as part of a campus strike to protest banks and budget cuts.
The protesters also plan to try again on Tuesday to establish an encampment on campus.
An effort to erect a camp last week was met by baton-wielding police. Forty people were arrested, as the university sought to uphold a campus ban on camping.
Protesters also plan a march and rally that is expected to include Occupy Oakland activists whose encampment was taken down on Monday.