Teach-Ins Under Way On UC Berkeley Campus
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Dozens of students and faculty at the University of California, Berkeley have gathered for teach-ins at an outdoor plaza as part of a campus strike to protest banks and budget cuts.
The protesters also plan to try again on Tuesday to establish an encampment on campus.
An effort to erect a camp last week was met by baton-wielding police. Forty people were arrested, as the university sought to uphold a campus ban on camping.
Protesters also plan a march and rally that is expected to include Occupy Oakland activists whose encampment was taken down on Monday.