Teach-Ins Under Way On UC Berkeley Campus
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Dozens of students and faculty at the University of California, Berkeley have gathered for teach-ins at an outdoor plaza as part of a campus strike to protest banks and budget cuts.
The protesters also plan to try again on Tuesday to establish an encampment on campus.
An effort to erect a camp last week was met by baton-wielding police. Forty people were arrested, as the university sought to uphold a campus ban on camping.
Protesters also plan a march and rally that is expected to include Occupy Oakland activists whose encampment was taken down on Monday.