Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Dept. Working On 20th Homicide Of Year
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A man was shot and killed overnight in Modesto has become Stanislaus County’s 20th homicide this year, according to the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies working the area of the 500 block of Hatch Road heard multiple shots fire just before midnight. As they were trying to locate the source of the gunfire, nearby residents called to report hearing gunshots.
When they arrived at the caller’s location, deputies were told a man had been shot several times. The victim, identified as 34-year-old Alfonso Linares of San Jose, was taken to Doctors Medical Center where he later died.
Deputies have little information on the possible suspects other than they were Hispanic males.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Tipsters can also e-mail tips at http://www.modestopolice.com/CrimeStoppers, or text them to CRIMES (274637) by typing “Tip704″ plus the message and be eligible for a cash reward.