Stockton Police Investigating City’s Record-Tying 55th Homicide
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Stockton Police are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found in the parking lot of a business overnight. Her death is the 55th homicide in Stockton this year which ties the city’s record number of murders.
Police responded to the 500 block of Zephyr just before midnight for a report of a body.
When officers arrived, they found the body of a woman. Police believe the woman was intentionally hit and run over by a car.
The victim’s name has not been released. No arrests have been made.
The last time the city saw this many homicides in one year was in the 1990s.