Keys From Stolen Purse Used In Truck Theft Attempt
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Apparently not satisfied with stealing a woman’s purse, a suspect came back to her home to try to steal her truck after finding the vehicle’s keys and address inside the purse, according to police.
The suspect, Jeremy Fruge, 32, came to her residence in the 5600 block of Elvas Avenue in East Sacramento and tried to steal her pickup using the stolen keys.
He crashed the truck into a nearby car. The victim, who spoke to CBS13 but did not want to be identified, says she put The Club, a locking device on the truck after her purse was stolen, fearing the thief would come back for it.
“I actually did not leave the house yesterday because I was afraid someone might be watching the house,” she said.
After crashing the truck, Fruge reportedly jumped into the car that brought him to the area. Officers responded and located the suspect vehicle, being driven by Bridgette Kennedy, 33, as she was dropping the suspect off to enter a store.
Fruge was walking inside when officers arrived and arrested Kennedy, police said. Additional officers arrived and arrested Fruge inside the store. Fruge had the victim’s keys in his possession when arrested, police said.