Keys From Stolen Purse Used In Truck Theft Attempt
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Apparently not satisfied with stealing a woman’s purse, a suspect came back to her home to try to steal her truck after finding the vehicle’s keys and address inside the purse, according to police.
The suspect, Jeremy Fruge, 32, came to her residence in the 5600 block of Elvas Avenue in East Sacramento and tried to steal her pickup using the stolen keys.
He crashed the truck into a nearby car. The victim, who spoke to CBS13 but did not want to be identified, says she put The Club, a locking device on the truck after her purse was stolen, fearing the thief would come back for it.
“I actually did not leave the house yesterday because I was afraid someone might be watching the house,” she said.
After crashing the truck, Fruge reportedly jumped into the car that brought him to the area. Officers responded and located the suspect vehicle, being driven by Bridgette Kennedy, 33, as she was dropping the suspect off to enter a store.
Fruge was walking inside when officers arrived and arrested Kennedy, police said. Additional officers arrived and arrested Fruge inside the store. Fruge had the victim’s keys in his possession when arrested, police said.