Good Samaritan Dies After Bizarre Hit-And-Run
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A man has been arrested after allegedly hitting and killing another man who was trying to help him jump start his vehicle Thursday morning, authorities said.
The Fairfield Police Department said a 70-year-old man had stopped in a parking lot on the 4400 block of Central Way just before 10:00 a.m. to help another man, identified as 52-year-old Michael Wilbert, jump start his recreational vehicle.
Wilbert’s RV somehow struck the older man while they were working on the vehicles, according to authorities, and Wilbert fled the scene without helping the injured man or reporting the incident.
Nearby patrol officers stopped Wilbert a short time later and arrested him.
The victim, identified by family and friends as Rudy Gonzales, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Wilbert is being held on charges of vehicular manslaughter and felony hit and run.