Good Samaritan Dies After Bizarre Hit-And-Run
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A man has been arrested after allegedly hitting and killing another man who was trying to help him jump start his vehicle Thursday morning, authorities said.
The Fairfield Police Department said a 70-year-old man had stopped in a parking lot on the 4400 block of Central Way just before 10:00 a.m. to help another man, identified as 52-year-old Michael Wilbert, jump start his recreational vehicle.
Wilbert’s RV somehow struck the older man while they were working on the vehicles, according to authorities, and Wilbert fled the scene without helping the injured man or reporting the incident.
Nearby patrol officers stopped Wilbert a short time later and arrested him.
The victim, identified by family and friends as Rudy Gonzales, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Wilbert is being held on charges of vehicular manslaughter and felony hit and run.