Families Of Fallen Military Heroes Treated To Holiday Fun Aboard ‘Snowball Express’
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A special group of military families is getting an all-expense paid trip to Dallas for a little holiday fun!
The Snowball Express took off from Sacramento this morning carrying 1,700 children and spouses of fallen military heroes to Texas for some holiday fun.
As part of a special send off, fire trucks showered the plane with a water-cannon salute as it departed for the Lone Star state.
The flight is just one of more than 50 flights stopping in 75 cities to pick up Snowball families.
This is the sixth annual event for American Airlines which is providing the travel. All of the flight crews are donating their time.
Once in Dallas, the families will be treated to several performances including a concert by award-winning actor Gary Sinise and his Lt. Dan Band. They’ll also visit the Six Flags Over Texas amusement park.