Families Of Fallen Military Heroes Treated To Holiday Fun Aboard ‘Snowball Express’
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A special group of military families is getting an all-expense paid trip to Dallas for a little holiday fun!
The Snowball Express took off from Sacramento this morning carrying 1,700 children and spouses of fallen military heroes to Texas for some holiday fun.
As part of a special send off, fire trucks showered the plane with a water-cannon salute as it departed for the Lone Star state.
The flight is just one of more than 50 flights stopping in 75 cities to pick up Snowball families.
This is the sixth annual event for American Airlines which is providing the travel. All of the flight crews are donating their time.
Once in Dallas, the families will be treated to several performances including a concert by award-winning actor Gary Sinise and his Lt. Dan Band. They’ll also visit the Six Flags Over Texas amusement park.