North Highlands Man’s Running Car Stolen From His Driveway

NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) — Harold Harmon is facing the cold reality of an apparent crime of opportunity.

Harmon says he was warming up his car in North Highlands on a chilly Tuesday morning before leaving for work. In the time it took him to walk from the driveway to lock his front door, someone hopped in and swiped his car.

“Someone walking by probably seen the opportunity,” he said. “I shut my door to leave, turn around to leave, and a gentleman with a hoodie on had something in his hand, don’t know what it is, jumps in my car.”

Asked if he thought it was a gun, Harmon said, “I’m not taking any chances. I can replace my car. I can’t replace myself.”

It’s a tough lesson that many are learning this time of year. Authorities remind citizens not to leave their vehicles running unattended — even for a few moments.

It’s a mistake Harold says he doesn’t plan on repeating.

Comments

1. Shall issue quickly says:

The hole valley needs instant CCW licenses for a minimal fee to upstanding citizens. Only then will we see this kind of crime decline.

1. Linda says:

Can’t shoot someone for driving away with your car.

2. Shall issue quickly says:

or the “Whole” valley. I guess I was thing of the “hole” that this has become.

3. Shall issue quickly says:

“Can’t shoot someone for driving away with your car.”

But it’s a hell of a deterrent when they guy you’re going to carjack has a .40 on his hip, don’t you think?

4. Shall issue quickly says:

BTW, you can if he’s threatening your life.

5. CCWforwhitepeople says:

Yeah so before you shoot him jump in front of the car so your life will be danger….problem solved. Trust me bullet holes in windshield and jigaboo blood is easier to clean up then replacing the car. Whats a bullet cost….50 cents a dollar? HAHA

6. Santa Clause says:

Momma always said life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get.

7. Taas Adil Sharfuddin says:

… And also substantial clumps of moss hanging from the ageing walnut bushes liner your cobblestone driveway ultimately causing the principle … Foreign people in Sri Lanka as well as greater london, almost all throughout …Driveway

8. Obtinalla Rg Brown says:

Paint the auto in an open room aside from artwork the idea on the driveway, as it provides lures … Amazing ultra automobiles in london ; the 2012 ford emphasis ; thinking of buying an auto you may …

9. Gabii Zg says:

Tips for cleanup walk ways as well as Driveways; maintain hard wood floors clear ; steam vacuums for comprehensive cleansing and Sanitizing; what chemicals are usually concealing at your residence

10. Brickwork details says:

The trick for you to improving any garage employing stones is incorporated in the prep. To put in the flat entrance correctly so that it will remain the test of your energy, firstly you should dig deep into …Loft conversion in london