Orangevale Dispensary Offering Free Pot In Going-Out-Of-Business Party
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
ORANGEVALE (CBS13) — A local medical marijuana dispensary is going out of business so it’s planning a huge TGIF party — free pot.
That’s right, the Orangevale dispensary Magnolia Wellness is giving away free marijuana on Friday before it closes its doors indefinitely.
With pressure from the county and federal officials and looming lawsuits, dispensary owners say they’re closing to focus all their attention on the larger medical marijuana fight. And since all this pot has to go somewhere, why not to their 40,000 customers who’ll soon be displaced?
“Everyone who walks through the door, we’re giving them a chance to win free meds,” Steven Lee of Magnolia Wellness said Tuesday.
And they’re doing it with holiday cheer, hosting a party and toy drive to boot. And the plan is not lacking for attention.
“I saw it in the paper this morning,” one woman said. “Well, I mean if you’re wanting stuff, it’s a good price.”
“I thought they were kidding about that at work,” one man said. “It’s California.”
But it’s no joke. The dispensary is dead serious about only giving marijuana to medical marijuana card holders. And they say customers will have to take their pot to go.
“This party was meant to be in a time patients are facing persecution,” Lee said. “This party was meant to be a happy time.”