Del Oro Football Team Heads South For Big Bowl Game
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
LOOMIS (CBS13) — The Del Oro High School football team received a hero’s sendoff Thursday as the Eagles head off for a bowl game against one of the best teams in the state.
The student body cheered wildly as the Del Oro players boarded the bus for Carson, where they’ll play San Diego-based Helix on Saturday at the Home Depot Center in the CIF Division II bowl championship game.
“We really feel honored and humbled to have this opportunity,” said Del Oro coach Casey Taylor, who led his team to a 13-1 record this season and the Sac-Joaquin Section Division III championship, the school’s seventh football section title.
The nationally ranked Del Oro football team was selected to play in a bowl game ahead of other section winners from across the state.
“We just had a great season,” Taylor said. “We’ve been playing great over the last two years, so we’re very honored to get this opportunity to go down and represent our area. We’re excited, our school’s excited, our whole town, it’s really a big thing here for Loomis.”
The school is energized and the players are fired up and looking for one more big win to finish 14-1.