Del Oro Football Team Heads South For Big Bowl Game
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
LOOMIS (CBS13) — The Del Oro High School football team received a hero’s sendoff Thursday as the Eagles head off for a bowl game against one of the best teams in the state.
The student body cheered wildly as the Del Oro players boarded the bus for Carson, where they’ll play San Diego-based Helix on Saturday at the Home Depot Center in the CIF Division II bowl championship game.
“We really feel honored and humbled to have this opportunity,” said Del Oro coach Casey Taylor, who led his team to a 13-1 record this season and the Sac-Joaquin Section Division III championship, the school’s seventh football section title.
The nationally ranked Del Oro football team was selected to play in a bowl game ahead of other section winners from across the state.
“We just had a great season,” Taylor said. “We’ve been playing great over the last two years, so we’re very honored to get this opportunity to go down and represent our area. We’re excited, our school’s excited, our whole town, it’s really a big thing here for Loomis.”
The school is energized and the players are fired up and looking for one more big win to finish 14-1.