Glimmer Of Hope? Small Amount Of Snow Falls In Tahoe
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE (CBS13) — They were out skiing and snowboarding on Thursday at Boreal Ski Resort, but even mountain lovers had to admit that the snowfall so far this season has been a bit underwhelming.
“Not too happy about it really,” one boarder said.
Finally for the first time in weeks Mother Nature gave in, dropping some snow overnight, albeit only a couple inches.
“Just enough to make it soft on top, definitely not powder runs yet,” another Boreal visitor said.
Boreal’s John Slaughter says they have used more than 32 million gallons of water to make their own snow to offset what hasn’t come yet. But as for any disappointment, he said last year set the bar too high.
“It’s hard to compare it to last season because it was just a tremendous, phenomenal season, so it’s not even a good comparison,” he said.
But what about the crowds? And the bottom line?
“We’re actually doing really well. We had a great November,” he said.
Just not snow like last November. So the hope now is for a Christmas present — a very white Christmas.
“I hope we get dumped on,” one Boreal customer said Thursday. “We’re overdue, so hopefully the storm gates open up.”