Glimmer Of Hope? Small Amount Of Snow Falls In Tahoe
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
TRUCKEE (CBS13) — They were out skiing and snowboarding on Thursday at Boreal Ski Resort, but even mountain lovers had to admit that the snowfall so far this season has been a bit underwhelming.
“Not too happy about it really,” one boarder said.
Finally for the first time in weeks Mother Nature gave in, dropping some snow overnight, albeit only a couple inches.
“Just enough to make it soft on top, definitely not powder runs yet,” another Boreal visitor said.
Boreal’s John Slaughter says they have used more than 32 million gallons of water to make their own snow to offset what hasn’t come yet. But as for any disappointment, he said last year set the bar too high.
“It’s hard to compare it to last season because it was just a tremendous, phenomenal season, so it’s not even a good comparison,” he said.
But what about the crowds? And the bottom line?
“We’re actually doing really well. We had a great November,” he said.
Just not snow like last November. So the hope now is for a Christmas present — a very white Christmas.
“I hope we get dumped on,” one Boreal customer said Thursday. “We’re overdue, so hopefully the storm gates open up.”