Glimmer Of Hope? Small Amount Of Snow Falls In Tahoe
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE (CBS13) — They were out skiing and snowboarding on Thursday at Boreal Ski Resort, but even mountain lovers had to admit that the snowfall so far this season has been a bit underwhelming.
“Not too happy about it really,” one boarder said.
Finally for the first time in weeks Mother Nature gave in, dropping some snow overnight, albeit only a couple inches.
“Just enough to make it soft on top, definitely not powder runs yet,” another Boreal visitor said.
Boreal’s John Slaughter says they have used more than 32 million gallons of water to make their own snow to offset what hasn’t come yet. But as for any disappointment, he said last year set the bar too high.
“It’s hard to compare it to last season because it was just a tremendous, phenomenal season, so it’s not even a good comparison,” he said.
But what about the crowds? And the bottom line?
“We’re actually doing really well. We had a great November,” he said.
Just not snow like last November. So the hope now is for a Christmas present — a very white Christmas.
“I hope we get dumped on,” one Boreal customer said Thursday. “We’re overdue, so hopefully the storm gates open up.”