Husband Murdered In Sacramento Carjacking
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man was shot and killed during an early morning carjacking on Sunday, authorities said.
The Sacramento Police Department said two subjects apparently hid in the back of a vehicle parked on Torland Street and held up a husband and wife at gunpoint when they returned to their vehicle just after midnight.
The suspects forced the couple to drive for about five miles before one of the gunmen got into an altercation with the husband, who was sitting in the passenger seat. One of the suspects shot and fatally wounded the husband and forced the wife to keep driving.
The wife eventually pulled the vehicle over near the Norwood Avenue exit on Interstate 80. The two suspects fled the vehicle and have not been located.
Police said they do not have a description of the two men and said they don’t believe the suspects and victims knew each other.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Crime Alert by calling (916) 443-HELP or texting 274637 with “SACTIP” at the beginning of the message.