Fire Damages Store In Antelope
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
ANTELOPE (CBS13) – A market in Antelope caught fire overnight, but sprinklers may have saved it from serious damage.
The fire happened at Moscow Euro Market on Watt Avenue.
No one was in the store at the time.
Sacranento Meto Fire Department chief Kyle Johnson said the fire alarm in the store went off, causing the sprinkler system to activate. He said some of the merchandise could be saved.
“There may be some of it. Being that it’s food, it’s not salvageable. There could be other things that are salvageable,” said Johnson.
The fire caused serious smoke damage. The cause of the fire is under investigation.