Teacher Charged After Middle School Scuffle
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) – A middle school staff member is facing a criminal charge after allegedly scuffling with a vice principal on campus, authorities said.
Officials at Lodi Middle School said they could not comment on the incident, but Lodi police said a physical education teacher named Jon Lapachet blew his whistle into the ear of a female vice principal and then shoved her following a shouting match.
The vice principal called authorities and made a citizen’s arrest, leading to a misdemeanor battery charge against Lapachet, authorities said.
The circumstances leading up to the incident have not been released. Lapachet’s wife said the family wouldn’t comment on the case on the advice of their attorney when CBS13 contacted them Thursday.
Parents said they weren’t aware of the incident.
“Wow, no. We never got a phone call or anything,” said one parent.
“I would hope that didn’t happen when the kids were around,” said another parent.
School officials did not comment on whether Lapachet has been placed on administrative leave.