Teacher Charged After Middle School Scuffle
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) – A middle school staff member is facing a criminal charge after allegedly scuffling with a vice principal on campus, authorities said.
Officials at Lodi Middle School said they could not comment on the incident, but Lodi police said a physical education teacher named Jon Lapachet blew his whistle into the ear of a female vice principal and then shoved her following a shouting match.
The vice principal called authorities and made a citizen’s arrest, leading to a misdemeanor battery charge against Lapachet, authorities said.
The circumstances leading up to the incident have not been released. Lapachet’s wife said the family wouldn’t comment on the case on the advice of their attorney when CBS13 contacted them Thursday.
Parents said they weren’t aware of the incident.
“Wow, no. We never got a phone call or anything,” said one parent.
“I would hope that didn’t happen when the kids were around,” said another parent.
School officials did not comment on whether Lapachet has been placed on administrative leave.