Teacher Charged After Middle School Scuffle
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
LODI (CBS13) – A middle school staff member is facing a criminal charge after allegedly scuffling with a vice principal on campus, authorities said.
Officials at Lodi Middle School said they could not comment on the incident, but Lodi police said a physical education teacher named Jon Lapachet blew his whistle into the ear of a female vice principal and then shoved her following a shouting match.
The vice principal called authorities and made a citizen’s arrest, leading to a misdemeanor battery charge against Lapachet, authorities said.
The circumstances leading up to the incident have not been released. Lapachet’s wife said the family wouldn’t comment on the case on the advice of their attorney when CBS13 contacted them Thursday.
Parents said they weren’t aware of the incident.
“Wow, no. We never got a phone call or anything,” said one parent.
“I would hope that didn’t happen when the kids were around,” said another parent.
School officials did not comment on whether Lapachet has been placed on administrative leave.