Bank Robbery Suspect Nabbed With Cash And Fake Gun
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — Deputies arrested a bank robbery suspect within minutes of a heist in Citrus Heights and recovered cash and a fake gun inside his vehicle, authorities said.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said they received reports of a man brandishing a handgun during a robbery at the El Dorado Savings and Loan Bank near the intersection of Antelope Road and Lichen Drive before noon Friday, and a deputy quickly spotted a Toyota that matched the description of the suspect’s vehicle.
When the deputy tried to pull over the vehicle, the suspect attempted to flee but was quickly apprehended.
The driver, described as a man in his 60s, was taken into custody after investigators found stacks of $20 and $100 bills on his seat and also found an Airsoft pistol — a harmless but realistic-looking handgun replica.
The Citrus Heights Police Department said there was another robbery at a Bank of America a short distance away from the other incident, but it isn’t immediately clear whether the incidents are connected.