Bank Robbery Suspect Nabbed With Cash And Fake Gun
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — Deputies arrested a bank robbery suspect within minutes of a heist in Citrus Heights and recovered cash and a fake gun inside his vehicle, authorities said.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said they received reports of a man brandishing a handgun during a robbery at the El Dorado Savings and Loan Bank near the intersection of Antelope Road and Lichen Drive before noon Friday, and a deputy quickly spotted a Toyota that matched the description of the suspect’s vehicle.
When the deputy tried to pull over the vehicle, the suspect attempted to flee but was quickly apprehended.
The driver, described as a man in his 60s, was taken into custody after investigators found stacks of $20 and $100 bills on his seat and also found an Airsoft pistol — a harmless but realistic-looking handgun replica.
The Citrus Heights Police Department said there was another robbery at a Bank of America a short distance away from the other incident, but it isn’t immediately clear whether the incidents are connected.