Bank Robbery Suspect Nabbed With Cash And Fake Gun
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — Deputies arrested a bank robbery suspect within minutes of a heist in Citrus Heights and recovered cash and a fake gun inside his vehicle, authorities said.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said they received reports of a man brandishing a handgun during a robbery at the El Dorado Savings and Loan Bank near the intersection of Antelope Road and Lichen Drive before noon Friday, and a deputy quickly spotted a Toyota that matched the description of the suspect’s vehicle.
When the deputy tried to pull over the vehicle, the suspect attempted to flee but was quickly apprehended.
The driver, described as a man in his 60s, was taken into custody after investigators found stacks of $20 and $100 bills on his seat and also found an Airsoft pistol — a harmless but realistic-looking handgun replica.
The Citrus Heights Police Department said there was another robbery at a Bank of America a short distance away from the other incident, but it isn’t immediately clear whether the incidents are connected.