Man Faces Murder Charge In 12-Year-Old Cold Case
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
PINOLE (AP) — Contra Costa County prosecutors have charged a man with murder in the death of a 21-year-old woman who disappeared more than 12 years ago.
The charge against 40-year-old Raymond Wong was filed on Thursday and includes the special circumstance of killing for financial gain.
Wong is accused of killing his one-time girlfriend, Alice Sin, who vanished from her Pinole home in November 1999. Her body was found two months later in Churchill County, Nev. She had been shot.
Authorities say Wong was the beneficiary on a $2 million life insurance policy applied for just before Sin’s death, and made the shooting look like a racially-motivated attack.
He was arrested on Christmas Eve after Pinole police say they discovered new physical evidence in the case.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press)