UPDATE: Turlock Police Dispatcher Driver Fatally Struck Stanislaus Crime Tech
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
HUGHSON (CBS13) – The Stanislaus County Sheriff says a Turlock Police dispatcher was driving the truck that hit and killed a crime scene technician this morning as she was collecting evidence from an earlier shooting.
Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson says crime tech Mary Donahou was in the middle of Santa Fe Avenue collecting evidence this morning when she was struck.
The accident happened about 6:45 a.m. at Santa Fe Avenue just north of 7th Street in Hughson.
Donahou was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital where she later died. Sheriff Christianson says Donahou had been with the department for nine years and has a 12-year-old son.
The Sheriff called the incident a ‘tragic accident’. It is still being investigated.