UPDATE: Turlock Police Dispatcher Driver Fatally Struck Stanislaus Crime Tech
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
HUGHSON (CBS13) – The Stanislaus County Sheriff says a Turlock Police dispatcher was driving the truck that hit and killed a crime scene technician this morning as she was collecting evidence from an earlier shooting.
Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson says crime tech Mary Donahou was in the middle of Santa Fe Avenue collecting evidence this morning when she was struck.
The accident happened about 6:45 a.m. at Santa Fe Avenue just north of 7th Street in Hughson.
Donahou was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital where she later died. Sheriff Christianson says Donahou had been with the department for nine years and has a 12-year-old son.
The Sheriff called the incident a ‘tragic accident’. It is still being investigated.