Reno Air Races Expected To Continue In 2012
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
More than 70 people were also hurt in September, when one of the racing planes crashed near spectators.
The Reno Air Races Association president said today a panel of experts will help with safety efforts for next year’s event.
Officials also have to get a number of permits in order to hold the event again.
The unexplained crash came midway through a race at the popular aviation competition when a 74-year-old stunt pilot landed in a crowd of spectators.
Pieces of the plane flew through the crowd, cutting off limbs and slicing through skulls.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)