Reno Air Races Expected To Continue In 2012
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
More than 70 people were also hurt in September, when one of the racing planes crashed near spectators.
The Reno Air Races Association president said today a panel of experts will help with safety efforts for next year’s event.
Officials also have to get a number of permits in order to hold the event again.
The unexplained crash came midway through a race at the popular aviation competition when a 74-year-old stunt pilot landed in a crowd of spectators.
Pieces of the plane flew through the crowd, cutting off limbs and slicing through skulls.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)