Reno Air Races Expected To Continue In 2012
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
More than 70 people were also hurt in September, when one of the racing planes crashed near spectators.
The Reno Air Races Association president said today a panel of experts will help with safety efforts for next year’s event.
Officials also have to get a number of permits in order to hold the event again.
The unexplained crash came midway through a race at the popular aviation competition when a 74-year-old stunt pilot landed in a crowd of spectators.
Pieces of the plane flew through the crowd, cutting off limbs and slicing through skulls.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)