DA: Catholic Priest Admits To Molesting Teen Girl
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Roman Catholic priest who served parishioners in Woodland and Redding has admitted to sexually molesting a teenage girl, according to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office.
A spokeswoman with the office said Thursday that Uriel Ojeda, 32, admitted to an investigator for the Sacramento Catholic Diocese that he repeatedly molested a teenage parishioner. Ojeda’s attorney, Jesse Ortiz, reportedly disputed that an admission was made.
Deputy District Attorney Allison Dunham presented that in Sacramento County Superior Court on Thursday in arguing that bail should remain high for Ojeda. Bail was reduced from $5 million to $700,000.
The next hearing is scheduled for Feb. 2.
Ojeda turned himself in to the Sacramento Police Department on Nov. 30.