DA: Catholic Priest Admits To Molesting Teen Girl
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Roman Catholic priest who served parishioners in Woodland and Redding has admitted to sexually molesting a teenage girl, according to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office.
A spokeswoman with the office said Thursday that Uriel Ojeda, 32, admitted to an investigator for the Sacramento Catholic Diocese that he repeatedly molested a teenage parishioner. Ojeda’s attorney, Jesse Ortiz, reportedly disputed that an admission was made.
Deputy District Attorney Allison Dunham presented that in Sacramento County Superior Court on Thursday in arguing that bail should remain high for Ojeda. Bail was reduced from $5 million to $700,000.
The next hearing is scheduled for Feb. 2.
Ojeda turned himself in to the Sacramento Police Department on Nov. 30.