DA: Catholic Priest Admits To Molesting Teen Girl
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Roman Catholic priest who served parishioners in Woodland and Redding has admitted to sexually molesting a teenage girl, according to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office.
A spokeswoman with the office said Thursday that Uriel Ojeda, 32, admitted to an investigator for the Sacramento Catholic Diocese that he repeatedly molested a teenage parishioner. Ojeda’s attorney, Jesse Ortiz, reportedly disputed that an admission was made.
Deputy District Attorney Allison Dunham presented that in Sacramento County Superior Court on Thursday in arguing that bail should remain high for Ojeda. Bail was reduced from $5 million to $700,000.
The next hearing is scheduled for Feb. 2.
Ojeda turned himself in to the Sacramento Police Department on Nov. 30.