DA: Catholic Priest Admits To Molesting Teen Girl
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Roman Catholic priest who served parishioners in Woodland and Redding has admitted to sexually molesting a teenage girl, according to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office.
A spokeswoman with the office said Thursday that Uriel Ojeda, 32, admitted to an investigator for the Sacramento Catholic Diocese that he repeatedly molested a teenage parishioner. Ojeda’s attorney, Jesse Ortiz, reportedly disputed that an admission was made.
Deputy District Attorney Allison Dunham presented that in Sacramento County Superior Court on Thursday in arguing that bail should remain high for Ojeda. Bail was reduced from $5 million to $700,000.
The next hearing is scheduled for Feb. 2.
Ojeda turned himself in to the Sacramento Police Department on Nov. 30.