DA: Catholic Priest Admits To Molesting Teen Girl
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Roman Catholic priest who served parishioners in Woodland and Redding has admitted to sexually molesting a teenage girl, according to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office.
A spokeswoman with the office said Thursday that Uriel Ojeda, 32, admitted to an investigator for the Sacramento Catholic Diocese that he repeatedly molested a teenage parishioner. Ojeda’s attorney, Jesse Ortiz, reportedly disputed that an admission was made.
Deputy District Attorney Allison Dunham presented that in Sacramento County Superior Court on Thursday in arguing that bail should remain high for Ojeda. Bail was reduced from $5 million to $700,000.
The next hearing is scheduled for Feb. 2.
Ojeda turned himself in to the Sacramento Police Department on Nov. 30.