Man Hit And Killed By Amtrak Train In Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A man was hit and killed by a train Tuesday while walking along the Amtrak train tracks near Fairfield, police say.
The incident happened at 1:30 p.m. behind an industrial area near Huntington Boulevard and Peabody Road in Fairfield, according to an Amtrak representative. The Capitol Corridor train, which was going from Oakland to Sacramento, was traveling 55 mph when it hit the man from behind.
It’s unknown why he was walking near the tracks or whether he was a transient.
Company officials say the man was trespassing.