Man Hit And Killed By Amtrak Train In Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A man was hit and killed by a train Tuesday while walking along the Amtrak train tracks near Fairfield, police say.
The incident happened at 1:30 p.m. behind an industrial area near Huntington Boulevard and Peabody Road in Fairfield, according to an Amtrak representative. The Capitol Corridor train, which was going from Oakland to Sacramento, was traveling 55 mph when it hit the man from behind.
It’s unknown why he was walking near the tracks or whether he was a transient.
Company officials say the man was trespassing.