Man Hit And Killed By Amtrak Train In Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A man was hit and killed by a train Tuesday while walking along the Amtrak train tracks near Fairfield, police say.
The incident happened at 1:30 p.m. behind an industrial area near Huntington Boulevard and Peabody Road in Fairfield, according to an Amtrak representative. The Capitol Corridor train, which was going from Oakland to Sacramento, was traveling 55 mph when it hit the man from behind.
It’s unknown why he was walking near the tracks or whether he was a transient.
Company officials say the man was trespassing.