Man Hit And Killed By Amtrak Train In Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A man was hit and killed by a train Tuesday while walking along the Amtrak train tracks near Fairfield, police say.
The incident happened at 1:30 p.m. behind an industrial area near Huntington Boulevard and Peabody Road in Fairfield, according to an Amtrak representative. The Capitol Corridor train, which was going from Oakland to Sacramento, was traveling 55 mph when it hit the man from behind.
It’s unknown why he was walking near the tracks or whether he was a transient.
Company officials say the man was trespassing.