Man Hit And Killed By Amtrak Train In Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A man was hit and killed by a train Tuesday while walking along the Amtrak train tracks near Fairfield, police say.
The incident happened at 1:30 p.m. behind an industrial area near Huntington Boulevard and Peabody Road in Fairfield, according to an Amtrak representative. The Capitol Corridor train, which was going from Oakland to Sacramento, was traveling 55 mph when it hit the man from behind.
It’s unknown why he was walking near the tracks or whether he was a transient.
Company officials say the man was trespassing.