UC Davis Professor Wins His Beer-For-Butterflies Contest Again
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – He may not be the Nutty Professor, but he does hold an interesting contest every year.
Arthur Shapiro is a professor at UC Davis who collects and studies butterflies and climate change. He was offering a pitcher of beer to anyone who caught the first local cabbage white butterfly in 2012.
It turns out that Shapiro caught the first one Sunday morning in West Sacramento. He says there’s a reason he offers the free beer.
“Inviting the general public to compete with me to get the first one. And if i started losing it would indicate I’m not working hard enough,” said Shapiro.
Shapiro has sponsored his butterfly contest since 1972 and has only lost four times.