Victims In Fatal Weekend Folsom Crash Identified
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
FOLSOM (CBS13) – Two people killed by an alleged drunk driver over the weekend in Folsom have been identified.
The Sacramento County Coroner has identified the victims as 37-year-old Christopher Martell and 32-year-old Todd Ohlander, both of Citrus Heights.
A Folsom man was arrested Sunday for causing an accident that killed the men on Saturday night.
At 6:46 p.m. Michael Sharp, 21, was driving his SUV on southbound Folsom Boulevard when he crossed over the double yellow line and hit an oncoming sedan, according to Folsom Police.
Michael Sharp (credit: Folsom P.D.)
Investigators say Sharp was driving while intoxicated. He was arrested on two charges of vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated and drug impaired driving causing serious injury or death.
Toxicology tests will be conducted to reveal what intoxicant was in Sharp’s bloodstream.
Sharp is being held in the Sacramento County Main Jail on two felony counts of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated and one felony of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs with injury. His bail is set at $2,000,000. He is set to make his first court appearance this afternoon.