UPDATE: Motorcyclist Dies In Roseville Accident

ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — A motorcycle rider was killed in Roseville on Thursday night after he collided with a pickup in an intersection and was ejected from his bike, according to police.

The accident took place at the intersection of Washington Boulevard and Pleasant Grove Boulevard at about 5:30 p.m. on Thursday and the intersection was expected to be closed until 3 a.m. while the Roseville Police Department investigated.

Police say a male motorcyclist estimated to be in his 40s was riding west on Pleasant Grove Boulevard and collided in the intersection with a pickup that was southbound on Washington. The motorcyclist was ejected from his bike and hit the windshield of an Audi sedan that was stopped in the left hand turn lane of eastbound Pleasant Grove, waiting to turn onto northbound Washington.

Police and fire personnel responded, and paramedics pronounced the motorcyclist dead at the scene. No one else involved in the collision reported being injured. No one has been arrested or cited, and alcohol is not a suspected factor in the collision, police said.

The Placer County Coroner’s Office is expected to release the motorcyclist’s name on Friday after family members have been notified.

Comments

1. sara rule says:

I was there when this happened. so sad. my heart breaks

1. chelle says:

so sorry sara… burned in your mind… I wish you didn’t have to see that…

2. Leonthelump says:

I’m thinking the car driver survived but not the biker. Shame that motorcycles are so dangerous because of unaware car drivers.

1. Mr. Mike says:

Leonthelump lets maks sure that we see everything before blaming the driver of the truck. It has been said that the motorcyclist had run the light. I love riding but I have seen a lot of unsafe motorcycle riders as well.

3. Court says:

What happened? I saw the after math when the road was blocked

4. sara says:

the motorcycle ran the red light and the truck hit him sideways in the intersection right in front of me. It was awful

1. Chris Chu says:

Good thing a conference I was at ran an hour late, otherwise I would have been an unlucky witness, I only saw the aftermath with all the backup and the officers.

2. Chris Chu says:

You’re not alone in seeing an accident kind of like that, I have seen a non-fatal accident very similar. A car was driving mildly fast and the car in front of it was being slowed down by a car in front of it. Then, the car in back bumped into the car in the middle, and the bumpers of the cars kind of just fell off and the cars blocked the lane. The front car kept driving. This happened on the same road the bad accident you witnessed happened on.

1. megan says:

sara, i’m sorry you were there when this happened. i know you are mostly feeling for the people directly involved but try not to discount your own feelings. this stuff is scary and sad to witness.

and mr. chu- those “gee i would’ve been there if blah blah blah” stories are annoying and pointless since there’s no way on earth you’d ever be able to verify that. second, your story involves a fender bender. quite different than what happened toonight.

5. Whitey says:

Yeah, leonthelump… why do you assume it was the driver being unaware of motorcycles? Just today, going 65 on the freeway, some motorcycle rider flew between me and the guy in the next lane. Probably had 3 inches to spare on either side.

Some of these guys are lucky to live as long as they do… zero regard for their own safety… let alone the safety of others. I’m sorry someone died here but don’t assume the car driver is always at fault.

6. Chris Chu says:

Well, it was bound to happen sometime… Trust me, I live right by that intersection, the traffic was EXTREMELY backed up and people drive there as if the street were a freeway!

1. kpmsprtd says:

Roseville = Roseville Speedway, where the major arteries are indeed treated as freeways by drivers. It was designed and built for speed. Speed limit on Washington Boulevard = maybe 45 mph. Average speed is closer to 60. Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Rosevillians

7. bri says:

several years a ago a local lady was kiiled there , a truck hit her car so hard it went across the street and took out the light pole by the Standard gas station.
    It took them over a month to figure out the truck ran the red light. We really need to bring back the cameras at these major intersections

1. RedLightCameraAdvocate says:

That lady was one of my co-workers. Her husband worked with us too, but quit shortly after. Thoughts and prayers go out to them and to all of those involved in this incident.

8. Accident us 27 says:

In spite of just as one idyllic region spot (and it’s also technically the “division of exceptional natural beauty “) the Cotswolds includes a great array of choices for eating out …car accident

9. kpmsprtd says:

I’ve seen a couple of photos of the bike. It looks like it had ape hangers (tall handlebars). Any other riders notice that? I can’ tell for sure from the photos.

10. How many people die in road accidents in uk says:

What could be much better than a colourful hawaiian Luau for you to entertain your friends and family come early july. Customarily, traditional luau fancy dress costumes depend on two in the Polyonesian…Ubezpieczenia anglia uk

11. Compensation income says:

Hearing problems can be common following a disturbing human brain harm (TBI) since the inner ear is actually directly connected to the nervous system…Wypadek drogowy w uk

12. Accidents can happen says:

Sliding as well as plummeting can be a blooper fly fishing reel usual. Once the distress associated with experiencing a person tumble goes, and they look o.e, your laughing out loud generally uses. I don’t know the reason why people, me …wypadki uk

13. Car accident greenville sc says:

The optimum time to acquire car insurance policy will be before you actually meet with a major accident. nObody wants to destroy a perfectly stunning day time with a car wreck. Yet these kinds of unfortunate events do …Wypadek drogowy Uk