UPDATE: Motorcyclist Dies In Roseville Accident
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — A motorcycle rider was killed in Roseville on Thursday night after he collided with a pickup in an intersection and was ejected from his bike, according to police.
The accident took place at the intersection of Washington Boulevard and Pleasant Grove Boulevard at about 5:30 p.m. on Thursday and the intersection was expected to be closed until 3 a.m. while the Roseville Police Department investigated.
Police say a male motorcyclist estimated to be in his 40s was riding west on Pleasant Grove Boulevard and collided in the intersection with a pickup that was southbound on Washington. The motorcyclist was ejected from his bike and hit the windshield of an Audi sedan that was stopped in the left hand turn lane of eastbound Pleasant Grove, waiting to turn onto northbound Washington.
Police and fire personnel responded, and paramedics pronounced the motorcyclist dead at the scene. No one else involved in the collision reported being injured. No one has been arrested or cited, and alcohol is not a suspected factor in the collision, police said.
The Placer County Coroner’s Office is expected to release the motorcyclist’s name on Friday after family members have been notified.