Businesses In Sierra Cheering About Expected Snow
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
BLUE CANYON (CBS13) – Sierra businesses are getting pumped up for the weather change.
Above average temperatures in the middle of winter have forced skiers and snowboarders to cancel their plans.
But some have found other ways to occupy the time while waiting for snow.
“We’re just a little early so we got some nice sunshine up here and suntans in snow country,” said Bay Area resident Roger Miller. “The boys did bungee jumping which we normally don’t have time to do.”
The spring time activities are slowing down with the temperatures finally dropping.
And with the first flakes of snow finally beginning to fall, Sierra business owners are literally cheering.
“We have been prepared. We are all so ready for the snow to come which is started last night,” said Lynn Salmoria of the Rainbow Lodge. “We were all Whooping and hollering and very happy.”
Lots more cheers can be expected with measurable snow finally in the forecast this week.