Businesses In Sierra Cheering About Expected Snow
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
BLUE CANYON (CBS13) – Sierra businesses are getting pumped up for the weather change.
Above average temperatures in the middle of winter have forced skiers and snowboarders to cancel their plans.
But some have found other ways to occupy the time while waiting for snow.
“We’re just a little early so we got some nice sunshine up here and suntans in snow country,” said Bay Area resident Roger Miller. “The boys did bungee jumping which we normally don’t have time to do.”
The spring time activities are slowing down with the temperatures finally dropping.
And with the first flakes of snow finally beginning to fall, Sierra business owners are literally cheering.
“We have been prepared. We are all so ready for the snow to come which is started last night,” said Lynn Salmoria of the Rainbow Lodge. “We were all Whooping and hollering and very happy.”
Lots more cheers can be expected with measurable snow finally in the forecast this week.