Businesses In Sierra Cheering About Expected Snow
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
BLUE CANYON (CBS13) – Sierra businesses are getting pumped up for the weather change.
Above average temperatures in the middle of winter have forced skiers and snowboarders to cancel their plans.
But some have found other ways to occupy the time while waiting for snow.
“We’re just a little early so we got some nice sunshine up here and suntans in snow country,” said Bay Area resident Roger Miller. “The boys did bungee jumping which we normally don’t have time to do.”
The spring time activities are slowing down with the temperatures finally dropping.
And with the first flakes of snow finally beginning to fall, Sierra business owners are literally cheering.
“We have been prepared. We are all so ready for the snow to come which is started last night,” said Lynn Salmoria of the Rainbow Lodge. “We were all Whooping and hollering and very happy.”
Lots more cheers can be expected with measurable snow finally in the forecast this week.