Oakland Boy Accused Of 2 Sexual Assaults
Don't Miss This
- Family Vacation Turns Into Nightmare When Hurricane Odile Leaves Them Stranded In Cabo
- Puddles At The Dog Park: Owners Say Roseville Parks Department Overwatering Grass
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (AP) — Alameda County prosecutors have charged a 14-year-old boy with sexually assaulting two women on Oakland streets.
Prosecutors said Thursday the teen faces two counts of robbery and one count each of sexual assault and kidnapping for sexual assault.
Police say the boy attacked a 28-year-old woman on Jan. 6. Last week, the suspect allegedly rode his bike up to another 28-year-old woman and demanded her purse before assaulting her.
The boy surrendered to authorities Tuesday after police took the unusual step of releasing the juvenile suspect’s name because they believed he was armed and dangerous.
Assistant District Attorney Teresa Drenick says the boy is currently charged as a juvenile, but prosecutors may decide to charge him as an adult after a behavioral study is completed.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press)