Oakland Boy Accused Of 2 Sexual Assaults
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (AP) — Alameda County prosecutors have charged a 14-year-old boy with sexually assaulting two women on Oakland streets.
Prosecutors said Thursday the teen faces two counts of robbery and one count each of sexual assault and kidnapping for sexual assault.
Police say the boy attacked a 28-year-old woman on Jan. 6. Last week, the suspect allegedly rode his bike up to another 28-year-old woman and demanded her purse before assaulting her.
The boy surrendered to authorities Tuesday after police took the unusual step of releasing the juvenile suspect’s name because they believed he was armed and dangerous.
Assistant District Attorney Teresa Drenick says the boy is currently charged as a juvenile, but prosecutors may decide to charge him as an adult after a behavioral study is completed.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press)