Oakland Boy Accused Of 2 Sexual Assaults
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
OAKLAND (AP) — Alameda County prosecutors have charged a 14-year-old boy with sexually assaulting two women on Oakland streets.
Prosecutors said Thursday the teen faces two counts of robbery and one count each of sexual assault and kidnapping for sexual assault.
Police say the boy attacked a 28-year-old woman on Jan. 6. Last week, the suspect allegedly rode his bike up to another 28-year-old woman and demanded her purse before assaulting her.
The boy surrendered to authorities Tuesday after police took the unusual step of releasing the juvenile suspect’s name because they believed he was armed and dangerous.
Assistant District Attorney Teresa Drenick says the boy is currently charged as a juvenile, but prosecutors may decide to charge him as an adult after a behavioral study is completed.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press)