Oakland Boy Accused Of 2 Sexual Assaults
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (AP) — Alameda County prosecutors have charged a 14-year-old boy with sexually assaulting two women on Oakland streets.
Prosecutors said Thursday the teen faces two counts of robbery and one count each of sexual assault and kidnapping for sexual assault.
Police say the boy attacked a 28-year-old woman on Jan. 6. Last week, the suspect allegedly rode his bike up to another 28-year-old woman and demanded her purse before assaulting her.
The boy surrendered to authorities Tuesday after police took the unusual step of releasing the juvenile suspect’s name because they believed he was armed and dangerous.
Assistant District Attorney Teresa Drenick says the boy is currently charged as a juvenile, but prosecutors may decide to charge him as an adult after a behavioral study is completed.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press)