Oakland Boy Accused Of 2 Sexual Assaults
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
OAKLAND (AP) — Alameda County prosecutors have charged a 14-year-old boy with sexually assaulting two women on Oakland streets.
Prosecutors said Thursday the teen faces two counts of robbery and one count each of sexual assault and kidnapping for sexual assault.
Police say the boy attacked a 28-year-old woman on Jan. 6. Last week, the suspect allegedly rode his bike up to another 28-year-old woman and demanded her purse before assaulting her.
The boy surrendered to authorities Tuesday after police took the unusual step of releasing the juvenile suspect’s name because they believed he was armed and dangerous.
Assistant District Attorney Teresa Drenick says the boy is currently charged as a juvenile, but prosecutors may decide to charge him as an adult after a behavioral study is completed.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press)