Big Rig Overturns On Highway 65, Spilling Frozen Fruit Mix
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LINCOLN (CBS13) — Crews are still working to clean up a slushy mess in Roseville after a big rig overturned on Highway 65 onramp at about 11:30 on Monday night, spilling frozen strawberry puree all over the roadway.
The California Highway Patrol says the big rig driver was going more than twice the speed limit while exiting eastbound Interstate 80 on the Highway 65 connector ramp.
The truck flipped off the freeway onto its side spilling its load of white plastic buckets filled with 43,000 pounds of frozen puree just off the roadway.
Crews will wait until after the morning commute to clean up the mess.
The driver was not hurt.