UPDATE: Police Pursue Stolen Truck For Miles Before Driver Gives Up
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Police officers were in pursuit of a stolen box truck Tuesday night that started in West Sacramento, went south well past Stockton and then turned back north before the driver gave up the chase.
West Sacramento police say the pursuit began at 3135 Jefferson Blvd. and progressed to Interstate 5 at a high rate of speed into south Sacramento and continued past Stockton south into the Patterson area, then the truck turned back north toward Stockton.
The CHP used spike strips and the truck sped through them and then drove on its rims on the interstate for awhile before the driver pulled over in Stockton near March Lane and the man surrendered.