Man Throws Wallet At Mayor Johnson During Council Meeting
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Kevin Johnson no doubt experienced heckling during his NBA playing days and he’s heard from critics during his three years as Sacramento’s mayor, but Tuesday may have been a first for him.
A man named Leo, a regular attendee at Sacramento City Council meetings, threw his wallet at the mayor. Leo was complaining about having his identification stolen and apparently was upset that Johnson did not help him recover it.
KJ asked him to wrap it up several times before Leo used an expletive and chucked his wallet at him.
The wallet reportedly hit the dais in front of the mayor and Leo was escorted out of the meeting by police officers.