Man Throws Wallet At Mayor Johnson During Council Meeting
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Kevin Johnson no doubt experienced heckling during his NBA playing days and he’s heard from critics during his three years as Sacramento’s mayor, but Tuesday may have been a first for him.
A man named Leo, a regular attendee at Sacramento City Council meetings, threw his wallet at the mayor. Leo was complaining about having his identification stolen and apparently was upset that Johnson did not help him recover it.
KJ asked him to wrap it up several times before Leo used an expletive and chucked his wallet at him.
The wallet reportedly hit the dais in front of the mayor and Leo was escorted out of the meeting by police officers.