Fairfield Man Shot To Death
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — Fairfield Police officers found a man unconscious in a front yard Wednesday night after receiving calls of shots fired, and the man was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Officers responded to the 1000 block of Hayes Street after a call came in to the dispatch center at about 11:56 p.m. The victim was a 20-year-old Fairfield man. He name wasn’t immediately available.
Detectives are attempting to determine a motive for the crime, including whether it was gang-related.
About 45 minutes earlier, a 50-year-old Fairfield woman was inside her apartment in the 1900 block of Grande Circle when she reported hearing several loud noises that sounded like gunshots. When she tried to get up from her couch, she felt a burning sensation in her leg and realized she’d been shot by a bullet that traveled through the wall of her apartment, according to police.
There is no indication the two shootings were related, police said. The woman was taken to a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
Anyone with information on the fatal shooting is asked to call the Fairfield Police Department Gang Unit at (707) 428-7600 or Crimestoppers at (707) 644-STOP.
A reward of up to $1000 is offered for information leading to the arrest of the suspect in this case.