Fairfield Man Shot To Death
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — Fairfield Police officers found a man unconscious in a front yard Wednesday night after receiving calls of shots fired, and the man was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Officers responded to the 1000 block of Hayes Street after a call came in to the dispatch center at about 11:56 p.m. The victim was a 20-year-old Fairfield man. He name wasn’t immediately available.
Detectives are attempting to determine a motive for the crime, including whether it was gang-related.
About 45 minutes earlier, a 50-year-old Fairfield woman was inside her apartment in the 1900 block of Grande Circle when she reported hearing several loud noises that sounded like gunshots. When she tried to get up from her couch, she felt a burning sensation in her leg and realized she’d been shot by a bullet that traveled through the wall of her apartment, according to police.
There is no indication the two shootings were related, police said. The woman was taken to a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
Anyone with information on the fatal shooting is asked to call the Fairfield Police Department Gang Unit at (707) 428-7600 or Crimestoppers at (707) 644-STOP.
A reward of up to $1000 is offered for information leading to the arrest of the suspect in this case.