Bocce Ball Bar Planned For K Street
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — K Street’s renaissance could take another big step with a developer trying to bring bocce ball to downtown Sacramento — inside a nightclub.
The idea is to turn another empty storefront into a downtown destination.
And there wouldn’t just be a bocce ball bar. It would also include an interactive gaming area complete with virtual golf and shuffle board.
Bob Martinez is president of Sacramento’s East Portal Bocce Ball Club. He’s hoping his sport will be hit with younger crowds downtown.
“It’s very much more than just a game,” he said. “It’s part of a community activity and a community presence so it makes sense to me.”
The city is kicking in more than $3 million left over in the sale of the downtown Sheraton Hotel.
There’s no word yet on when construction will start or when the venture could open.