Bocce Ball Bar Planned For K Street
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — K Street’s renaissance could take another big step with a developer trying to bring bocce ball to downtown Sacramento — inside a nightclub.
The idea is to turn another empty storefront into a downtown destination.
And there wouldn’t just be a bocce ball bar. It would also include an interactive gaming area complete with virtual golf and shuffle board.
Bob Martinez is president of Sacramento’s East Portal Bocce Ball Club. He’s hoping his sport will be hit with younger crowds downtown.
“It’s very much more than just a game,” he said. “It’s part of a community activity and a community presence so it makes sense to me.”
The city is kicking in more than $3 million left over in the sale of the downtown Sheraton Hotel.
There’s no word yet on when construction will start or when the venture could open.