Bocce Ball Bar Planned For K Street
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — K Street’s renaissance could take another big step with a developer trying to bring bocce ball to downtown Sacramento — inside a nightclub.
The idea is to turn another empty storefront into a downtown destination.
And there wouldn’t just be a bocce ball bar. It would also include an interactive gaming area complete with virtual golf and shuffle board.
Bob Martinez is president of Sacramento’s East Portal Bocce Ball Club. He’s hoping his sport will be hit with younger crowds downtown.
“It’s very much more than just a game,” he said. “It’s part of a community activity and a community presence so it makes sense to me.”
The city is kicking in more than $3 million left over in the sale of the downtown Sheraton Hotel.
There’s no word yet on when construction will start or when the venture could open.