Bocce Ball Bar Planned For K Street
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — K Street’s renaissance could take another big step with a developer trying to bring bocce ball to downtown Sacramento — inside a nightclub.
The idea is to turn another empty storefront into a downtown destination.
And there wouldn’t just be a bocce ball bar. It would also include an interactive gaming area complete with virtual golf and shuffle board.
Bob Martinez is president of Sacramento’s East Portal Bocce Ball Club. He’s hoping his sport will be hit with younger crowds downtown.
“It’s very much more than just a game,” he said. “It’s part of a community activity and a community presence so it makes sense to me.”
The city is kicking in more than $3 million left over in the sale of the downtown Sheraton Hotel.
There’s no word yet on when construction will start or when the venture could open.