Bocce Ball Bar Planned For K Street
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — K Street’s renaissance could take another big step with a developer trying to bring bocce ball to downtown Sacramento — inside a nightclub.
The idea is to turn another empty storefront into a downtown destination.
And there wouldn’t just be a bocce ball bar. It would also include an interactive gaming area complete with virtual golf and shuffle board.
Bob Martinez is president of Sacramento’s East Portal Bocce Ball Club. He’s hoping his sport will be hit with younger crowds downtown.
“It’s very much more than just a game,” he said. “It’s part of a community activity and a community presence so it makes sense to me.”
The city is kicking in more than $3 million left over in the sale of the downtown Sheraton Hotel.
There’s no word yet on when construction will start or when the venture could open.