Roseanne Barr On California Ballot For U.S. President
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Roseanne Barr’s name is on California’s primary ballot as a Green Party candidate for president.
Secretary of State Debra Bowen announced Monday that Barr is among 24 candidates she intends to place on the June 5 ballot. An officially certified list will be released on March 29.
A news release says Barr is among three candidates for the Green Party presidential nomination.
The actress-comedian released a statement last week saying she’s a longtime supporter of the Green Party and she looks forward to working with people who share her values. She says the two major parties aren’t serving the American people.
The Green Party will select a presidential nominee at a convention in Baltimore in July.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.