Roseanne Barr On California Ballot For U.S. President
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Roseanne Barr’s name is on California’s primary ballot as a Green Party candidate for president.
Secretary of State Debra Bowen announced Monday that Barr is among 24 candidates she intends to place on the June 5 ballot. An officially certified list will be released on March 29.
A news release says Barr is among three candidates for the Green Party presidential nomination.
The actress-comedian released a statement last week saying she’s a longtime supporter of the Green Party and she looks forward to working with people who share her values. She says the two major parties aren’t serving the American people.
The Green Party will select a presidential nominee at a convention in Baltimore in July.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.