Former Colfax Teacher Arrested On Child Sex Abuse Charges
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) — A former high school teacher and coach has been arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
Belden Morgan, 70, of Auburn was taken into custody Thursday night on charges of continual sexual abuse of a child. He is being held at the Placer County Jail on $1.5 million bail.
According to a press release, the Sheriff’s Office was made aware of the alleged abuse that happened several years ago and conducted an investigation, resulting in Morgan’s arrest. The investigation is ongoing.
The Placer County Unified School District said Morgan was a computer tech teacher at Colfax High School from December 1998 to June 2003. He then became a snowboard coach in 2003 until March 2011.
The district says it has no knowledge if his alleged victim or victims were his students.