Former Colfax Teacher Arrested On Child Sex Abuse Charges
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) — A former high school teacher and coach has been arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
Belden Morgan, 70, of Auburn was taken into custody Thursday night on charges of continual sexual abuse of a child. He is being held at the Placer County Jail on $1.5 million bail.
According to a press release, the Sheriff’s Office was made aware of the alleged abuse that happened several years ago and conducted an investigation, resulting in Morgan’s arrest. The investigation is ongoing.
The Placer County Unified School District said Morgan was a computer tech teacher at Colfax High School from December 1998 to June 2003. He then became a snowboard coach in 2003 until March 2011.
The district says it has no knowledge if his alleged victim or victims were his students.