Former Colfax Teacher Arrested On Child Sex Abuse Charges
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) — A former high school teacher and coach has been arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
Belden Morgan, 70, of Auburn was taken into custody Thursday night on charges of continual sexual abuse of a child. He is being held at the Placer County Jail on $1.5 million bail.
According to a press release, the Sheriff’s Office was made aware of the alleged abuse that happened several years ago and conducted an investigation, resulting in Morgan’s arrest. The investigation is ongoing.
The Placer County Unified School District said Morgan was a computer tech teacher at Colfax High School from December 1998 to June 2003. He then became a snowboard coach in 2003 until March 2011.
The district says it has no knowledge if his alleged victim or victims were his students.