Former Colfax Teacher Arrested On Child Sex Abuse Charges
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) — A former high school teacher and coach has been arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
Belden Morgan, 70, of Auburn was taken into custody Thursday night on charges of continual sexual abuse of a child. He is being held at the Placer County Jail on $1.5 million bail.
According to a press release, the Sheriff’s Office was made aware of the alleged abuse that happened several years ago and conducted an investigation, resulting in Morgan’s arrest. The investigation is ongoing.
The Placer County Unified School District said Morgan was a computer tech teacher at Colfax High School from December 1998 to June 2003. He then became a snowboard coach in 2003 until March 2011.
The district says it has no knowledge if his alleged victim or victims were his students.