Vallejo Standoff Leads To House Fire
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
VALLEJO (CBS13) – A standoff in a Vallejo neighborhood quickly escalated into a house fire that raged out of control Friday evening.
Few details have been confirmed by authorities, but KCBS Radio in San Francisco reported that three robbery suspects may have been holed up in the small home on Castlewood Drive before SWAT team members surrounded the building.
Unconfirmed reports from neighbors and media outlets indicate that shots may have been fired from inside the home, and the Vallejo Times Herald reported that a tear gas grenade was fired into the home Friday afternoon.
Shortly after 5:30 p.m., a KPIX-TV helicopter observed smoke billowing from the home, and as SWAT team members slowly approached the building while using an armored vehicle as cover, the flames quickly engulfed the structure.
Firefighters brought the fire under control with SWAT members close by. It isn’t clear whether any suspects were still inside the home when the fire broke out. No subjects were observed leaving the structure.
>> Raw: Fire Engulfs Vallejo Home