Vallejo Standoff Leads To House Fire
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (CBS13) – A standoff in a Vallejo neighborhood quickly escalated into a house fire that raged out of control Friday evening.
Few details have been confirmed by authorities, but KCBS Radio in San Francisco reported that three robbery suspects may have been holed up in the small home on Castlewood Drive before SWAT team members surrounded the building.
Unconfirmed reports from neighbors and media outlets indicate that shots may have been fired from inside the home, and the Vallejo Times Herald reported that a tear gas grenade was fired into the home Friday afternoon.
Shortly after 5:30 p.m., a KPIX-TV helicopter observed smoke billowing from the home, and as SWAT team members slowly approached the building while using an armored vehicle as cover, the flames quickly engulfed the structure.
Firefighters brought the fire under control with SWAT members close by. It isn’t clear whether any suspects were still inside the home when the fire broke out. No subjects were observed leaving the structure.
>> Raw: Fire Engulfs Vallejo Home