Police Arrest Sex Offender In Connection With Arson Murder
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Police have arrested a registered sex offender on murder charges in connection with a burned body found in a Sacramento park earlier this week, according to Sacramento Police spokesperson Laura Peck.
Police arrested 36-year-old Robert Thompson on Wednesday afternoon on a felony charge of murder.
Police believe he is responsible for the death of a woman whose body was found burning early Tuesday morning in Discovery Park.
A bicyclist first reported what they thought was a pile of burning leaves around 7:00am.
When firefighters put out the blaze, they realized it was a body and called Sacramento homicide detectives.
The victim’s was so severely burned, officials have not yet made a positive identification of the woman.
Because positive identification hasn’t been made, police are not releasing the relationship between the suspect and victim.
Detectives did find the victim suffered upper body trauma, but the cause of death is yet to be determined.