Police Arrest Sex Offender In Connection With Arson Murder
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Police have arrested a registered sex offender on murder charges in connection with a burned body found in a Sacramento park earlier this week, according to Sacramento Police spokesperson Laura Peck.
Police arrested 36-year-old Robert Thompson on Wednesday afternoon on a felony charge of murder.
Police believe he is responsible for the death of a woman whose body was found burning early Tuesday morning in Discovery Park.
A bicyclist first reported what they thought was a pile of burning leaves around 7:00am.
When firefighters put out the blaze, they realized it was a body and called Sacramento homicide detectives.
The victim’s was so severely burned, officials have not yet made a positive identification of the woman.
Because positive identification hasn’t been made, police are not releasing the relationship between the suspect and victim.
Detectives did find the victim suffered upper body trauma, but the cause of death is yet to be determined.