Woman Abducted Off LA Street Dies In Pursuit Crash
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles police say a woman abducted off a street has died of injuries suffered when the suspected kidnapper’s SUV crashed head-on into another car as police were in pursuit.
Cmdr. Andrew Smith says that a bystander called for help when the woman was grabbed west of downtown shortly after 8 a.m. Thursday and police gave chase for about a mile.
Smith says the victim was leaning out the window of the SUV during the chase, which ended when the SUV crossed the center line and smashed into a Volvo.
The SUV driver tried to run off but was captured. Smith says the Volvo driver has minor injuries.
The police spokesman says the motive for the abduction is not yet known. No names have been released.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.