Mother Accused Of Killing Baby In Microwave Appears In Court
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Disturbing details came out of court today as a mother accused of killing her own baby sat in front of a judge.
In an interview with CBS13, Ka Yang said: “I never thought that with my seizure I will lose my little girl.”
- Sacramento Mom Accused Of Microwaving Baby Pleads Not Guilty
- Mother Accused Of Killing Baby In Microwave Appears In Court
- More Evidence Sought In Sacramento Microwave Baby Death
- Mom Accused Of Microwaving Baby Appears In Court
- Mom Accused Of Killing Baby In Microwave Is Pregnant Again
Timid and soft spoken, Yang told the story we have heard for nearly a year now: she had a seizure and blacked out on the day she allegedly killed her daughter in a microwave.
“There are many complex medical as well as psychological issues that need to be fully developed in this case,” said Yang’s attorney, Linda Parisi.
In court on Tuesday more details about Yang’s defense emerged during her preliminary hearing.
Our cameras not allowed inside as Parisi argued that her client suffers a type of seizure that causes her to make irrational decisions — ones her client said she can’t remember.
“So they appear to be engaging in intentional conduct, but the truth is it is sort of automatic. It’s robotic. It is not the product of careful and rational thought,” said Parisi.
Prosecutors called a forensic pathologist to the stand who says yang’s 2-month-old daughter, Mirabelle Thao-lo, was put inside of a microwave and suffered burns on 80 percent of her body. Some of the burns were as deep as her internal organs.
An investigator on the case who was also called to the stand says that while Yang changed her story several times, she also told them she loved Mirabelle and would never kill her.
“It’s very difficult. This is a very tragic case; a mother has lost her child,” said Parisi.
The judge also decided there’s enough evidence to also try Yang for torture. Her trial date has not yet been set.
- Heald Teachers Making Sure Their Students Get A Graduation
- Suspected Hash Oil Explosion At Nevada City Home Injures Child, 2 Arrested
- 2 Central California Men Arrested, Suspected Of Attacking Dog With Machetes
- Stockton Ice Cream Man Robbed Of Cart, Stabbed
- 2 Injured After Explosion, House Fire In Nevada City