Weimar Residents Worried About Railroad Construction Blocking Road
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
WEIMAR (CBS13) — Neighbors in Weimar say Union Pacific is crossing the line, keeping them from leaving their homes because of construction.
The road is open now but people on the east side of the tracks at Weimar cross road say Wednesday they were unable to cross because of road construction. It’s the only public road in or out of the neighborhood.
A family with seven disabled children worries about emergencies.
“If they can’t get in when one of them is having a seizure that could be the difference between life or death,” said the children’s mother, Amy Hanaway.
Railroad officials say a plan is in place for emergencies. The next scheduled closure is March 2.
They say if anyone has trouble getting out they should call railroad police.