‘Cash Mob’ Invades Folsom Restaurant
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) — You’ve probably heard of a “flash mob” by now, but what about a “cash mob?” The idea is to mob a local business to help boost its sales.
“It’s something that’s been happening across the nation,” organizer Becky Moirao said.
And on Saturday, it happened in Folsom for the first time. Relylocal.dom relied on social media sites to organize the cash mob at the Fresh Mex Express Mexican Grill on Prairie City Road.
“We just ask people to come spend $10,” Moirao said. “It’s a simple concept, but it gives that business a nice boost.”
Lupe Kinsella heard about it on Twitter and couldn’t resist. “I support it 100 percent,” she said. “I think it’s a great idea, a great way to support local businesses.”
Owner Alex Bazadegarcia says loyal customers have allowed her family to keep their three locations open, and the cash mob provided a nice bump in sales.
“I love it,” she said. “This is town people helping a town business.”
Moirao said the goal is to get people thinking about where they’re spending their money.
When residents spend locally, she says, “the majority stays in the local economy and recirculates, so it just makes for a healthier economy.”