Child Molester Killed At Folsom State Prison
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) — A man serving 25 years to life for sexually assaulting a child was killed Saturday morning at Folsom State Prison.
Inmate Richard Allen Leonard died after being assaulted with a slashing type weapon, according to a press release from the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
Staff began life saving procedures but he was pronounced dead at 8:01 a.m.
Leonard, 44, was received from Orange County on Sept., 2, 1998, and was serving 25 years to life for aggravated sexual assault on a child, according to CDCR.
A prison investigative unit and Sacramento County District Attorney’s investigators are handling the case as a homicide, but there is no suspect at this time. Folsom State Prison was placed on a modified program pending further investigation.
Folsom State Prison is a medium-security facility that houses more than 3,100 inmates. It opened in 1880 and is the second-oldest prison in California.