Modesto Shooting Suspect Considered Armed And Dangerous
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto police say a man suspected in a fatal shooting early Wednesday morning is on the run and considered armed and dangerous.
Police were called to a home in the 900 block of Tuolumne Boulevard in west Modesto at about 12:50 Wednesday morning for reports of a shooting.
When officers arrived, they found a man in his 20s suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was taken to the hospital where he later died of his injuries.
Homicide detectives have identified 21-year-old Jose Abraham Hernandez Maldonado as the suspect. He also goes by Abraham Hernandez.
Police say Maldonado came to the home and got in a dispute with the victim, pulled out a gun and shot the victim at least once.
Maldonado is a Mexican national. He’s described as 6 feet tall and weighs 260 pounds. He has a tattoo of the name “Maldonado” on his left forearm and a tattoo of the name “Hernandez” on his right forearm.
Police ask anyone who may have information regarding this incident or know where Maldonado is hiding, to call Detective Ra Pouv at (209) 572-9826 or Crime Stoppers toll free at (209) 521-4636. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.