Modesto Shooting Suspect Considered Armed And Dangerous
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto police say a man suspected in a fatal shooting early Wednesday morning is on the run and considered armed and dangerous.
Police were called to a home in the 900 block of Tuolumne Boulevard in west Modesto at about 12:50 Wednesday morning for reports of a shooting.
When officers arrived, they found a man in his 20s suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was taken to the hospital where he later died of his injuries.
Homicide detectives have identified 21-year-old Jose Abraham Hernandez Maldonado as the suspect. He also goes by Abraham Hernandez.
Police say Maldonado came to the home and got in a dispute with the victim, pulled out a gun and shot the victim at least once.
Maldonado is a Mexican national. He’s described as 6 feet tall and weighs 260 pounds. He has a tattoo of the name “Maldonado” on his left forearm and a tattoo of the name “Hernandez” on his right forearm.
Police ask anyone who may have information regarding this incident or know where Maldonado is hiding, to call Detective Ra Pouv at (209) 572-9826 or Crime Stoppers toll free at (209) 521-4636. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.