Rio Linda Pastor Sentenced 158 Years To Life For Sexual Assaults
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Rio Linda pastor convicted of sexually assaulting young girls in his care was sentenced Friday to 158 years to life in prison.
District Attorney Jan Scully announced the sentence handed down to Tom Daniels by Sacramento Superior Court Judge Trena H. Burger-Plavan.
In December, Daniels, 49, was convicted by jury of 11 counts of molestation. Daniels molested five different girls between December 2002 and August 2007, Scully said.
One child was at his Citrus Heights house for daycare and the other four were there for respite care. The ages of the girls ranged from 5 to 8 years old at the time of the assaults, Scully said.
Daniels was a pastor at Rio Linda Baptist Church.