Rio Linda Pastor Sentenced 158 Years To Life For Sexual Assaults
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Rio Linda pastor convicted of sexually assaulting young girls in his care was sentenced Friday to 158 years to life in prison.
District Attorney Jan Scully announced the sentence handed down to Tom Daniels by Sacramento Superior Court Judge Trena H. Burger-Plavan.
In December, Daniels, 49, was convicted by jury of 11 counts of molestation. Daniels molested five different girls between December 2002 and August 2007, Scully said.
One child was at his Citrus Heights house for daycare and the other four were there for respite care. The ages of the girls ranged from 5 to 8 years old at the time of the assaults, Scully said.
Daniels was a pastor at Rio Linda Baptist Church.