George Bush Impressionist Steve Bridges Dies In Los Angeles
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Comic impressionist Steve Bridges, best known for impersonating former President George W. Bush, has died at home in Los Angeles.
The 48-year-old Bridges was found unresponsive by a housekeeper on Saturday. Coroner’s official Craig Harvey says it is being investigated as an apparently natural death but an autopsy will be conducted, possibly on Tuesday.
The coroner’s office says Bridges had no recent medical complaints and a statement on Bridges’ website says his death came as a shock.
Bridges’ George W. Bush impression made him a regular on “The Tonight Show With Jay Leno” and earned him an invitation to the White House in 2003.
In 2006 Bridges joined Bush in a comic routine at the 2006 White House Correspondents’ Association dinner in Washington, D.C., and at a Ford’s Theatre benefit.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.