Beale Air Force Base Facing Job Cuts Under Proposed Budget
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – The Pentagon’s proposed budget may lead to a big job shift at Beale Air Force Base.
If Congress passes the budget, Beale would lose more than 750 positions or about 16 percent of the entire base.
About 4,000 military and civilian workers would remain.
Recently, the base found out it lost the Global Hawk Spy Aircraft Program which served as a major source of employment for years.