Beale Air Force Base Facing Job Cuts Under Proposed Budget
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – The Pentagon’s proposed budget may lead to a big job shift at Beale Air Force Base.
If Congress passes the budget, Beale would lose more than 750 positions or about 16 percent of the entire base.
About 4,000 military and civilian workers would remain.
Recently, the base found out it lost the Global Hawk Spy Aircraft Program which served as a major source of employment for years.