Beale Air Force Base Facing Job Cuts Under Proposed Budget
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – The Pentagon’s proposed budget may lead to a big job shift at Beale Air Force Base.
If Congress passes the budget, Beale would lose more than 750 positions or about 16 percent of the entire base.
About 4,000 military and civilian workers would remain.
Recently, the base found out it lost the Global Hawk Spy Aircraft Program which served as a major source of employment for years.