Illegal Immigrant Youth Plan Cross-Country Walk
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (AP) — Four illegal immigrant youth activists will walk from San Francisco to Washington, D.C., to push for a bill to give legal status to illegal immigrant college students.
Nico Gonzalez, one of the walkers, says the group will depart from the Golden Gate Bridge on Saturday with the hope of reaching the nation’s capital by Nov. 2.
Gonzalez says the walkers will meet with community groups and give speeches at points along the way.
Over the last two years, illegal immigrant students have publicly revealed their status in rallies and demonstrations across the country to drum up support for the bill and protest against existing immigration policies.
A similar walk was held from Florida to Washington in 2010.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.