Illegal Immigrant Youth Plan Cross-Country Walk
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (AP) — Four illegal immigrant youth activists will walk from San Francisco to Washington, D.C., to push for a bill to give legal status to illegal immigrant college students.
Nico Gonzalez, one of the walkers, says the group will depart from the Golden Gate Bridge on Saturday with the hope of reaching the nation’s capital by Nov. 2.
Gonzalez says the walkers will meet with community groups and give speeches at points along the way.
Over the last two years, illegal immigrant students have publicly revealed their status in rallies and demonstrations across the country to drum up support for the bill and protest against existing immigration policies.
A similar walk was held from Florida to Washington in 2010.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.