Sleep Train And Rush Limbaugh Permanently Part Ways
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It looks like Rush Limbaugh and Sacramento-based Sleep Train are parting ways for good after 25 years together.
Earlier this week, Sleep Train pulled its sponsorship of Limbaugh’s show after he called a Georgetown law student a “slut” and “prostitute” after she testified in Congress about the need for contraception to be covered by health care.
At the time, Sleep Train issued a statement saying they had “currently” pulled their ads because of Limbaugh’s “negative comments”.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Sleep Train later tried to rejoin with Rush but was told no thanks.
Friday, Sleep Train president Dale Carlsen acknowledged the parting of ways is permanent.
“We confirm that Rush Limbaugh will no longer be one of Sleep Train’s radio endorsers,” said Carlsen in a statement released through Sleep Train’s public relations firm.
Sleep Train has been a sponsor of Rush Limbaugh since he began his radio talk show in Sacramento more than two decades ago.