Sleep Train And Rush Limbaugh Permanently Part Ways
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It looks like Rush Limbaugh and Sacramento-based Sleep Train are parting ways for good after 25 years together.
Earlier this week, Sleep Train pulled its sponsorship of Limbaugh’s show after he called a Georgetown law student a “slut” and “prostitute” after she testified in Congress about the need for contraception to be covered by health care.
At the time, Sleep Train issued a statement saying they had “currently” pulled their ads because of Limbaugh’s “negative comments”.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Sleep Train later tried to rejoin with Rush but was told no thanks.
Friday, Sleep Train president Dale Carlsen acknowledged the parting of ways is permanent.
“We confirm that Rush Limbaugh will no longer be one of Sleep Train’s radio endorsers,” said Carlsen in a statement released through Sleep Train’s public relations firm.
Sleep Train has been a sponsor of Rush Limbaugh since he began his radio talk show in Sacramento more than two decades ago.