UPDATE: Rio Linda High Locked Down; Parents Frustrated
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
RIO LINDA (CBS13) – Rio Linda High was put on lockdown Monday afternon due to a police investigation going on near the school, according to Twin Rivers Police.
Students were ordered to stay inside their classrooms for several hours after the report of a gun on campus. No one has been arrested or detained. Police haven’t confirmed the gun threat.
The lockdown was still in effect as of 5:30 p.m. as frustration among parents grew. Parents were upset that the school didn’t notify them of the incident nor provide any information once parents arrived on campus. Instead, several of them found out of the lockdown when they showed up at the school and received texts or cellphone calls from their children inside.
The school district said there was a glitch in its phone system and that by the time it resent the message of the lockdown, many parents had already arrived at the school.